Um, I guess this is where I say S-P-O-I-L-E-R ALERT because I’m gonna have to discuss things through this week’s episode. Cause I have to talk about this forsaken show.
1. Connie Britton’s hair is just insane. She’s a pretty amazing actress, no doubt, and she’s got this naturally hotness to her, which I love. However. I have to be petty and HATE ON HER because I covet her hair so hard. And now that I’m finally on board with Friday Night Lights, I see that her hair has ALWAYS been like that. DOUBLE HATER-ADE.
2. I was so sad to learn the backstory on Larry, or as we call him in our house, “Burney Faced Guy”. Because really? He has been one of my FAVORITE characters. He’s SO funny in a dry way. Asking for headshots? Asking to read a scene with Ben, and he’ll be Oscar? SLAYS ME. But to find out he’s really weak and spineless? I .. sorry, it doesn’t pass muster with me. It doesn’t make sense.
3. Jessica Lange. ‘Nuff said.
4. Okay, how is it that one ultrasound tech can see a hooved (hooven? behooved?) demon on the ultrasound machine, and the other tech sees nothing? DOESN’T THIS DRIVE ANYONE ELSE CRAZY?
5. Don’t even get me started on the Beau story line that was introduced last night. I almost left the room after the first three minutes of the show. WHY DOES THIS SHOW HATE KIDS WITH DISABILITIES SO MUCH?
6. Moira may be one of my favorite characters ever written. Partly because – truth be told – “Moira” was my girl name if we had a hypothetical girl as our hypothetical next baby. But also, she’s so expertly shot and crafted. Did you notice that when she is off-camera (but in the room) they split her lines between the two actresses, depending on who the lines are directed to? THAT IS JUST BRILLIANCE.
7. Um, need moar Morris Chestnut, pleez.
8. I’m going to need one subtext to resolve itself. There is just too much to juggle right now. It’s more complex than Lost at this point, and I kind of watch this show to turn my brain off, not to strain it.
9. Nora Montgomery, the crazy doctor’s wife, may be the best actress since Connie Britton. Man, she is just SPOT ON. LOVE HER.
Okay, your turn.