1) I cannot BELIEVE that I just posted a wrap-up to OCTOBER. Where did the year go?
2) I also cannot BELIEVE that I’ve kept up so well with my project365 stuff. It’s so cool to look back at 10 months of daily pictures.
3) Google Reader – which, for the uninitiated, is a feed reader so you can read all of your favorite sites/blogs/etc in one place – has disabled their Shared Items feature. Imagine Facebook saying that you can no longer Share anything on someone’s walls. I hate FB, but this – what Google has done to their Reader – has devastated me. I found a lot .. if not the majority .. of cool stuff through everyone else sharing cool items. And now it’s an empty, cold place. I KNOW HOW STUPID THAT SOUNDS. But it’s taken the social out of a social network.
3a) Also, it’s now slower than molasses and it takes DAYS to load. AWESEOME JOB, GOOGLE! What, did you take a cue from Netflix’s CEO?
4) There are some people in the world who are just MEAN. My knee-jerk reaction is to call them trolls, like we do here on the internet, but they’re not because they don’t hide behind any sort of facade. They’re just MEAN, through and through and it pisses me off. They usually try and wear the badge of “I’M JUST BEING HONEST”, but that’s only half of the truth. Hurting ANYONE is awful. Arguing for no real reason is awful. Just .. STOP BEING MEAN.
5) I need to re-do my site. But I don’t know how. And I want someone else to do it. (This doesn’t really fit into my theme, but I’m agitated that now my GOOGLE READER SHARED ITEMS widget won’t work and I’m just all SARAH SMASH.)