Amy wrote a great post the other day about what she calls her “bucket list”.. and I think she used the term correctly, as it pertains to her particular list .. and I got to thinking about mine. I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I was 25; my husband (whom I was dating at the time) made a concerted effort to help me knock a few of them off (“being kissed in the rain”, “random slow dance” were two I remember). But then I also had some ridiculous ones that, looking back, totally called for me to be punched in the face. “Ride a horse bareback”. REALLY, 24 YEAR-OLD SARAH?
Anyway, my Big 3-0 is coming up this September, so I’m trying to figure out if there’s anything I’d like to make a to-do list with before I hit that mark. And no, I’m not one of those people who fears the next decade; if anything, I think women in their 30s are dead sexy.. they have the wisdom of an older woman, but are still as spunky as most 18 year olds. I also plan to be one of those women.
Here’s what I’ve got so far:
- A Boudoir Shoot – I’m actually sad I didn’t make this a By 25 priority, cause I had a pretty kickin’ bod back then. Alas, we are where we are, and no time like the present. So in total Sarah fashion, I’ve hit up my BFFs around town and we’re all going together. I love that SO HARD.
- Make a 5K in under 35 minutes – I’m not really trying very hard for this one, but Bootcamp has totally upped my endurance, so maybe I can manage this.
- Meet some of my favorite bloggers – DUDE, BLOGHER IS GOING TO ROCK SO HARD IT’S RIDICULOUS.
- Get a Wedding Ring – I’ve already talked about this before, and DUDE, AndreAnna’s new ring is pretty much EXACTLY what I want. (But in yellow or rose gold, STUPID ALLERGIES TO METAL.)
- Spend a family day doing volunteer work – ’nuff said. Just don’t know where to start, really.
- Get a New Tattoo to Honor my Grandmother – although I’m still conflicted about where and what (fleur-de-lis on the nape of my neck?)(HALP ME.)
- Cut a Demo CD – YES, I KNOW HOW STUPID THIS SOUNDS AS I AM NOT 12, BUT I JUST WANT TO, OKAY? I USED TO SING, GAWDDAMNIT.
Alright. Am I forgetting anything? Y’all know me better than I do.