Reasons to do this meme:
1) It’s Monday.
2) We get our program’s budget news today, so I imagine I’ll be weeping in a fetal position for most of the afternoon.
3) It’s from Miss Zoot, and I was TOTALLY talking about her last night. (I’m totally emailing you, Kim!)
4) Because I want to.
- Which expensive electronic device do you most often let your older children abuse or your baby drool on?
IPHONE. My child has an entire page of apps entirely for him on my phone, and he can operate most of them without any assistance from me. And before you judge me.. or, really, even after you do because I don’t care.. that page of apps has gotten me through many meals and rehearsals.
- How many take-out restaurant numbers do you have programmed into your phone?
I had to check because I wasn’t sure, but only three: Steak-Out, Another Broken Egg, and Thai Garden.
- How many hours of television do you so totally not let your kids watch a week?
When Tony’s home, the tv’s usually on, but he rarely sits and focuses or really watches it. So a week’s average would be around an hour a day. Jack watches a little more, but he also plays Wii.. do we count that as tv?
- Do you think people who say “we don’t watch television” at play dates but really mean “we just watch DVDs” are lying liars from Liarville?
I think the only people who can truly say “we don’t watch television” are the ones who do not physically own a tv in their house. And there are people like that. I don’t know about the lying or whatnot, but I know that I tend to kind of snort when parents say that.
- How many miles have you driven with your child and not one device of electronic entertainment in a single car trip?
Jack typically plays a handheld Nintendo of some type when we go somewhere, but he only does so for maybe half an hour before he gets bored. Tony never does anything other than sing and chat. We don’t have a DVD player in the car.
- What’s your record for calls to the pediatrician or Ask-a-Nurse in a single day?
One. I hate the phone more than anything else in the entire world so I’d rather just visit a doc-in-the-box if I was worried about the health of my b aby.
- What’s the sexiest thing your partner could text you after a hard day?
“I’ve arranged for a sitter.. let’s go eat and relax.”
- What’s your favorite iPad joke?
Really, is there anything more fubared than the actual gadget?
- What’s the dumbest parenting tool, gear, gadget or device you ever bought?
I love her and it was really a cool thing, but my mother bought this pacifier sanitizer thing for me that sprayed the pacifier with Listerine and then collected the spray into a resevoir. I mean, sure, it’s cleaner than me cleaning it off in my own mouth (as I tended to do), but I never had it on me and it was kind of big and .. I’m just too lazy.
- How many years will it take for your child to become more tech-savvy than you?
Jack constantly amazes me with this. We don’t have long before he outsmarts us.. if he doesn’t already. And Tony figured out the TiVo remote about three months ago.. he can actually find the right Blue’s Clues episodes without any assistance from us (he’s solely in the Joe camp). I imagine we’ll be locked in our house before too long.