I’ve thought long and hard on it for two days now, and I’ve got NUTHIN’.Â
We are a mere 48 hours away from the start of Lent, and I have NO idea what to give up.Â Lent is something I really take very seriously, and have only broken twice:
- Delle and I gave up carbs one year, but then were tempted with Miss Jo’s poundcake.Â We shoveled it in WITH OUR HANDS.Â Needless to say, we had to serve penance that year.
- I had an Oreo two days into Lent last year, when I had given up chocolate.Â Why?Â Because it never occurred to me that Oreos are INDEED made of chocolate.
So this year, I’ve decided that I am going to open up to my readers.Â That’s right: this year, YOU get to choose what I’m giving up for Lent.Â You’ve got it, folks; I’m handing over my relationship to God for your benefit! (I kid.Â Sort of.)
Here’s the rules:
- It must begin with the letter “c”.Â I don’t know why, but it just DOES.
- I’ve already given up: carbs, caffeine, chocolate, and crabbiness.Â So it can’t be any of those.
- Steph suggests I consider the Presbyterian approach to Lent, and take on something instead of giving something up, ex. Charity – I could give 5% of my montly earnings to charity.
And that’s it!Â Lemme know!