I am totally bored.Â And hungry.Â I want tater tots, specifically.Â And a breakfast burrito from Sonic (which has tater tots within, but I still go for a small tots when I order this).Â And a large, peach tea.Â Instead, I think I’ll have tunafish for dinner.Â Yes, that will curb my tater craving.
Cause all y’all know that even if I can’t find a durn thing to say, I will still fill out a list..
Blog a top ten list of goals for your blog this year.
Well, okay then.
- I will keep posts about my hair down to (no more than) two a week.
- I will do one thing a week that makes for an interesting post, and will try to make it something in real life, not something I witnessed on reality tv.
- If I have nothing kind to say, I will use bold and italics to emphasize just how much I have nothing kind to say.
- I will continue to strive for honesty, even blunt honesty.
- I will learn more euphamisms for defecation, for youÂ wussy readers.
- I will not use my website as a weapon. (Unless it’s fighting boredom.Â Then slay on, website.. slay on!)
- I will document my step-parent experience fastidiously, in the hopes of helping someone in a similar situation find the humor in it.
- I will create a catchphrase with which to sign my posts.Â Something like “Seacrest, out!” or “Good night and good luck” or something.
- I will have a new banner by June.
- In all seriousness, I feel like this blog has often lost its shine.Â It feels rote, and boring, and predictable, which is the last thing it was ever meant to be.Â So I plan to take this challenge OFFLINE first, and be someone worth writing about for awhile.Â And you’ll see the benefits ten-fold.
But don’t worry, there will still be stories of bagels and Christina Aguilera.
I’m having a very Office Space day.Â Although I had the initial rush that happens every morning, where no matter how early I get in, I’ve not got enough time to adequately get things ready for my morning meetings, now I’m sitting here, repeatedly dunking this teabag of Vanilla Caramel Truffle tea into hot water and contemplating how I taste neither vanilla nor caramel.Â That was the longest sentence EVER.
Why I love Monday nights:
Bryan: Were you going to the gym tonight?
Me: I don’t know yet, why?
Bryan: Because you don’t need to wait on me.
Me: Well, Heroes is on tonight..
Bryan: Oh, what the hell am I talking about?Â NO gym tonight.
Although, admittedly, had I been the gym whore that I strive to be, I would’ve gone and just read the closed captioning, which is how I became entranced with the show to begin with.Â I loved reading sounds.Â “Gurgling” and “muffled screams” and “low inaudible whispering” is so much more cool when you can’t hear it.Â It’s like, you know, books.
I am very excited about performing onstage with my hubby.Â I will be appearing as the Cat and he as the Cricket in PJ & Schuyler’sÂ adaptation of Pinocchio (which, one day, I will learn to spell) for Fantasy Playhouse.Â We had SOOOO much fun auditioning together, and I can’t wait to actually do a show together.Â I’m not sure why I’m so jazzed about it, but I am totally psyched.Â
That’s really all I’ve got today, which is not so exciting, I know.Â I’ll work on some drama for you later.Â
So I love my new wedding band, a 14K puzzle ring.Â Unfortunately, it is causing my finger to turn black, although not as drastically as the other band.Â Bryan emailed the company and asked what, if anything, in the band would cause such a reaction, and the emailed response was, “We suggest your wife wash her hands, as the black grime is usually dirt.”Â WTF?!
To-Do for 2013
* Be pregnant. Enjoy it. Make it meaningful.
* Allow some wiggle room.
* As many overnight adventures as we can fit in.
* Refocus finances.
* Post-pregnancy, get back into running.
* Read a book a month (not school or work related).
* Get the boys to play frisbee golf several times a month.
About Sarah Lena
Mom to a 5 year old, StepMom to a 12 year old, and Wife to a 40 year old, Sarah Lena is busy. She is a wrangler of rocket engineers by day, and a student and voiceover artist by night. She has an unabashed love of food, local theatre, and beauty products.