I don’t even know who started this around the web, but here’s seven things I’m thinking about today.
1. Yellow gold. I have a metal allergy to .. well, you name it, and I’m probably allergic to it. White gold, 10K yellow gold, and even 14K yellow gold will turn me green in a matter of minutes. The allergy doesn’t hurt or itch or anything, but it does look like rotting flesh, so that’s unattractive, right? Anyway, so I have a wedding band (14K yellow gold) and a marquise-cut solitaire (in 18K yellow gold) that I often wear, but I need to have them taken down and I was thinking about either having a new ring made from both of them or buying a new band altogether. But every time I visit a jeweler, there are eleventy frillion white gold rings and exactly THREE yellow gold rings. And the yellow gold rings they DO have are .. not exactly modern. So I’m feeling very discriminated against, is what I’m saying here.
2. BlogHer and Blogging in General. I think bloggers (especially mommybloggers) forget that there’s an entire world-wide-web out there, and they most definitely forget that the weekend of BlogHer, the prima donna of mommyblogging conferences. I know that I am not even a fourth-tier name-blogger, and I don’t even have an OUNCE of desire to attend BlogHer. Too big! Too dramatic! Too .. not me. My favorite conference is a non-conference and I’m so excited about it I can barely stand it. IT’S IN NEW ORLEANS THIS YEAR. But my point being: everyone has their own little piece of the internet, right? But while you’re king of your castle, you’re not the GOD OF THE UNIVERSE.
3. I hate it when this happens.I sort of accidentally gave up caffeine and you know what a difference it made in my life? NOT A DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE.
4. Summer’s over this week.Jack starts back to school on Wednesday of this week and I am nervous. Last year was a VERY HARD year. I am slaughtering chickens and virgins all over the place to appease the middle school gods into being kinder to us this year. I think we have many silver bullets in our corner this year, so I’m cautiously optimistic that we can handle ourselves appropriately. But the school year starting just means that we didn’t get our beach vacay we so badly wanted .. and kick off is in mere weeks. (ROLL TIDE.)
5. I need to get in gear.After a month of illness, I’m finally sort of a little healthy enough to think about potentially maybe exercising again. And that kind of positive thinking will do me wonders! It’s still in the 90s here with 70-80% humidity, so I’m not exactly eager to get back outside and run a couple of miles. I’m debating hot yoga (LOVE) or Zumba (ALSO LOVE). At least until the cooler weather allows me to get back outside. Also, Jenni let me borrow Hip Hop Abs, but I haven’t braved it yet.
6. Dun Dun DUUUUUUN: School starts for me too. I have been trying not to fixate on this, but I start college in a couple of weeks. Annnnnd am absolutely freaking out about it. Seriously. School is one of two things in my life that I blatantly failed at (roller skating is the other, if you were wondering and/or keeping score), so the idea of trying again is giving me anxiety dreams. I’m sure if I can just get this first semester under my belt, I’ll realize how silly this all is, but for now? Now, I’m seriously freaking out about failing at this AGAIN.
7. I am a lucky, lucky woman. I mean, LOOK at this.
Y’all, I get to come home to that. Every day.