This week promises to be incredibly hectic at work, mostly because my manager is gone and I’m filling in for her as well as attending a Proposal prep class for an upcoming proposal (I’m SO psyched about this; my heart truly lies in proposal work.. I’m a sadist that way). I’m worried that I won’t have enough time to post and NaBloPoMo will be a complete disaster. I’ve done SO WELL thus far.
Anyway, time to fall back on a list.
WAYS MY CHILD IS GROWING UP TOO FAST, by Sarah Brown:
- He woke up from a nap on Sunday and decided that, you know, now is a good time to start REALLY crawling. Not alligator scooting, but up-on-the-knees crawling.
- He is weaning himself from the bottle. We didn’t see this coming, but all of a sudden, he’s decided to only take a bottle in the morning, one at noonish, and one before bed. That’s it. He would just rather have REAL food, thank you very much.
- He has figured out that objects can be placed into one another. His new favorite toy? An empty Mt. Dew box, which can hold a myriad of objects.
- If you ask for “cuddles”, he’ll snuggle in under your chin. That’s not a bad thing, but it makes me think that it’s a phase that will end eventually.
- His new favorite game is to crawl away from you. Great when you’re playing, sucky when you’re not. Pretty much cute every time, regardless.
- He is wearing some 2T clothes. Comfortably.
Don’t get me wrong; he’s still an incredibly fun and amazing baby. Last night, while I cleaned out his drawers and his daddy put a mural on the wall, he sat in his crib, giggling and laughing and roaring as we worked. He’s just so amazing that I don’t ever want him to grow up.
Of course, I also can’t wait to see the amazing little person he becomes.